2019 Flood Updates
March 26, 2019 - 1 pm CST
Touchmark and area officials watching river closely
Now that it’s officially spring, we, like others, are focusing on warming temperatures—and the rising Red River. So far, we’re having a near-perfect thaw. If the current thaw/freeze cycle continues for another week, we’re hopeful the forecast will be more optimistic than the probable flooding currently shown on this link.
The directors of all departments met with Executive Director Kari Dick recently to discuss contingency plans in case there is flooding and we need to evacuate our community. We talked about potential evacuation sites; however, the first step is to find out how many residents would evacuate with us, if it gets to that point. We have created a tracking form for each resident that will include this information. Again, this is only a prudent precautionary measure right now and is only for planning purposes.
Thursday, March 28 at 10:30 am, we are holding an all-resident meeting to talk about the planning underway. Interested family members also may attend.
As our plans develop and we know more information about flood conditions, we will post updates on this site.